Qualifying criteria from 1 January 2021
From 1 January 2021, the period to be reviewed to determine eligibility for the Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS) will be 1 January to 30 June 2021
- Tax clearance is still a requirement in order to be eligible
- The reduction of 30% in turnover or customer orders between 1 January and 30 June 2021, is shown compared to the;
- same period in 2019, where the business operated for the whole of the comparable period in 2019
- period from the date of commencement to 30 June 2019, where the business commenced trading between 1 January and 1 May 2019
- projected turnover or customer orders from 1 January 2021, or date of commencement, to 30 June 2021, where business commenced after 1 May 2019 (This is compared to what projections may have been if COVID-19 had not occurred.)
Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme is expected to be extended beyond the current 31 March 2021 end date.